Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vegan Steampunk-y Shoes & Stuff

I was alerted to a post about vegan steampunk sites on Live Journal, and found out about an awesome vegetarian (mostly vegan - the underbust corsets are trimmed in silk and there's one wool coat) steampunk shop called Clockwork Couture. I'm really loving this site! They have some nice things - I find it amusing that the brown ruffled drawstring organic cotton skirt I purchased from Whole Foods last year is on the site as well; I hadn't really thought of it as being particularly Victorian, but it does have that vibe. (Just a bit!)

Someone mentioned wanting to have information about vegan steampunk-style shoes, and I realized that I happened to have a bunch of links to shoes that fit that description.

Here's what I've got - if anyone has other sites that sell vegan steampunk shoes/clothing/etc., let me know!

*New Holly Boot from Ethical Wares
*Para boot by Vegetarian Shoes
*Pennangalan has all manner of vegetarian boots, like the Gloria and the Linda Flare. They have a specific category for "Steampunk", but unfortunately, all of those are leather.
*MooShoes has a bunch of nice stuff, like the Elizabeth Boot, the Alexandra Shoe, the Lola Shoe, the Nelly, the Phoebe, and the Narmada Boot.
*TUK Shoes has some neat boots, like this, this, and this.
*Pussycat Shoes tends a bit more towards pin-up, but they've got this pair of boots and this pair of heels.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout-out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post & boots too...Just wish I could wear Heels. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete